Man in space
Investigation of mechanisms of action and effectiveness of different physical exercise modes in long-term SF conditions on the state of general and physical performance of cosmonauts.
- Determine the energy cost of locomotor and veloergometric physical exercises made by cosmonauts in different phases of long-term space flights.
- Evaluate the information content of various methods of physiological monitoring of the cosmonaut performance in long-term SF.
- Determine electromyographic cost of locomotor and veloergometric physical exercises made by cosmonauts in different phases of space flights.
- Reveal the effect of PE modes on changes of electromyographic properties of different muscle groups of the cosmonaut body in long-term space flights.
- Study the effect of different training modes on crewmembers performance.
- Develop new approaches to monitoring physical performance of crewmembers in long-term space flights.
Used science hardware:
- Kit Metabol – Analizator;
- Kit Metabol – Prinadlezhnosti;
- Kit Metabol – KRM;
- Miograf kit.
Used Flight Equipment:
- Akkusport Device;
- Treadmill BD-2;
- Onboard Veloergometer VB-3M;
- Laptop RSE-Med;
- Kit Kardiokasseta-2010.
During the experiment it is proposed to obtain data on physiological, electromyographic and bioenergetic “cost” of PE on the basis of the analysis of which the following can be confidently assessed efficiency of different PT modes in maintaining physical performance and health of cosmonauts. The obtained results will constitute the scientific basis for improving working conditions and preventive PE modes onboard the ISS. The experiment results will be aimed at upgrading the prevention system, as applied to superlong interplanetary flights.
Removable data media with records of the experiment results:
- the data obtained using the Myograph set (EMG) is returned on memory card Compact Flash, 1 Gbyte with adapter CompactFlash – PCMCIA;
- the gas analysis data, the data obtained by Kardiokasseta-2010 and files with the results of the blood tests are returned using data medium Metabol-Dannye USB FLASH DRIVE, 8 Gbyte in size.