Man in space
Obtaining scientific data on the impact of stress factors of different genesis on the immunity system before, during and after the space flight on the ISS.
- Obtaining scientific data on the effect of a stress caused by a long-duration stay in microgravity, radiation exposure, changes in sleep, back pain, mild hypoxia during the sleep and psychological factors on the immune system, autonomic nervous system (ANS), endocannabinoid (ECS) and purinergic (PS) system and the content of glucocorticoids (GC).
- Comparative analysis of indicators reflecting changes in the immune system and shifts in HNS, GK, EKS and PC before, during and after the space flight and assessment of the level of their relationship with the cognitive and emotional functions, epigenetic influence and brain morphology.
Used flight hardware:
- centrifuge "Plasma-03";
- accessories set "Plasma-03".
- kit "Saliva -I. Immuno " (6 kits);
- consumables set "Plasma -03" (15 sets);
- thermal insulating mini container ECCO.
The research results will make it possible to provide necessary information for adopting appropriate countermeasures to prevent unwanted immunological response of the organism under stress conditions both in space and on the ground.
Upon completion of the Increment, the frozen blood samples, kit "Saliva-I.IMMUNO" and onboard data files are returned to the ground for experiment results processing and analysis