Man in space
Determine the mechanisms of loss of bone mass and its evidence during a space flight, describe the dynamics and determine the recovery mechanisms and the ability to predict the reversibility after returning to the Earth.
- Sampling a biomaterial to assess biochemical markers reflecting metabolism in the bone tissue during the flight.
- Evaluating the bone mass, geometry and structure before and after the flight.
- Collecting data and recording the physical activity monitoring results to assess a mechanical load on the bone before, during and after the flight.
- Studying the biochemical markers reflecting metabolism in bone tissue before and after the flight.
- Monitoring cosmonauts nutrition to assess the metabolism in the bone tissue.
- centrifuge "Plasma-03";
- accessories set "Plasma-03".
- consumables set "Plasma -03" (15 sets);
- thermal insulating mini container ECCO.
Due to the lack of modern scientific data on the flight dynamics of biochemical markers, it is difficult to estimate the time of activation of osteogenesis. SE "Korrektsiya" is a study, which is aimed to expand our knowledge on metabolic processes occurring in the human body under conditions of a long-duration space flight and super-long space flights, and reflecting the state of the bone tissue.
The study results are aimed at monitoring of the bone tissue state and development of effective countermeasures to prevent adverse changes therein.
Upon completion of the Increment, frozen blood samples and onboard data files are returned to the ground for experiment results processing and analysis.