Man in space
A study of the effects of microgravity and other spaceflight factors on the system of intracellular pH-regulation as an integrated index of the functional status of the cell.
- Obtaining data on the effects of microgravity and other spaceflight factors on the intracellular parameters reflecting integrated characteristics of the functional status of the cell, such as the system of intracellular pH-regulation.
- An analysis of the effect of thermal conditions on the dynamics of the functional state of the cells under various gravitational loads (flight phases), as well as an evaluation of the effect of temperature under these conditions as a modulating factor of the intracellular systems activation.
Science Hardware Used:
The proposed studies will make it possible to:
- implement a program of research into effector analysis of the effects of the spaceflight factors and temperature modulation of the functional state of intracellular systems using as an example the system of intracellular pH-regulation of human immune competent cells;
- develop a system of scientific methods for screening (cross) analysis of the effects of spaceflight factors on biological objects at the intracellular systems level;
- develop miniaturized instruments for taking fluorescence measurements under spaceflight conditions.
The space experiement results are the biological material and data in the non-volatile memory of the Fluor-K device.