Man in space
Acquiring new scientific information on changes of electrophysiological characteristics of myocardium and their relations to vegetative blood circulation regulation in space flight conditions for a better understanding of the organism adaptation mechanisms.
- Investigation and evaluation of electrophysiological characteristics of myocardium on long exposure to weightlessness.
- Study of a capability of early revealing possible prenosologic (prepathologic) deviations which cannot be revealed using traditional electrocardiography.
- Study of correlation between changes of electrophysiological characteristics of myocardium and factors of vegetative regulation of cardiac rhythm in conditions of a long-term space flight;
- Study of correlation between changes of electrophysiological characteristics of myocardium in flight and orthostatic and physical loads bearing at the initial readaptation period to predict the possible organism reactions of crewmembers when they return to the ground.
Used Science Hardware:
Cosmocard Set consisting of:
- Kit "Cosmocard - Device".
Used Flight Equipment:
- Laptop RSE-Med (Think Pad Т61p);
- Sphygmomanometer "Tenzoplus".
- Kit "Cosmocard - KRM";
- Data carrier "Cosmocard - Data".
Further investigation of electrophysiological status of myocardium using new noninvasive procedures to analyze ECG - signal on the ISS with the help of Cosmocard set will allow to obtain new scientific data on processes of organism adaptation to long-term space flight conditions and develop the evaluation criteria to predict and early reveal possible goal-directed damage of myocardium state both in flight and at a post-flight period that will permit to conduct their prophylaxis.
All physiological data obtained during the Expedition is recorded in the internal memory of the onboard computer for medical support. After each experiment session the data obtained is copied on data carrier "Cosmocard - Data" and downlinked to the ground through the transmission channels.
Upon completion of Expedition data carrier "Cosmocard - Data" is returned to the ground.