Technical Research on ISS Russian Segment
- Investigation of early symptoms of the surface microdestruction of the pressurized body and structures
in the ISS RS instrument modules, conducted together with monitoring of temperature-humidity parameters,
acoustic fields of ultrasound band and other spaceflight factors which can affect the microdestruction processes.
Revealing of possible relations between microdestruction and spaceflight factors.
- Preparation of proposals for development of the onboard system to reveal early symptoms of microdestruction
and updating of methods to prevent microdestruction of the pressurized body and structures in the ISS RS.
- Development of routes to provide monitoring of possible microdestruction zones based on the mapping results
of background fields inside the ISS RS modules.
- Development of the initial option for the parameter data base providing a reliable identification
of microdestruction growth symptoms.
- Assessment of a capability to use the temperature-humidity methods for probing, acoustic direction-finding, record of the surface microcondition onboard the station to develop the onboard system for early detection of microdestruction areas of the pressurized body, structures and hardware for the ISS RS.
Science Hardware Used:
Bar SH consisting of:
- Remote infrared thermometer Kelvin-video;
- Thermohygrometer Iva-6A;
- Hot-wire anemometer-thermometer
- Ultrasound analyzer AU-01;
- Leak detector UT2-03.
Flight Equipment Used:
- Computer RSE1 (Think Pad A31P);
- TSENTR complex power unit.
Kit with test-tubes for sampling from surfaces inside the article.
- Archived measurement data, photos and radiogram tables filled-in as files downlinked to the ground;
- Kits with test-tubes for sampling from surfaces inside the ISS RS with mocroflora samples.