Educational & Humanitarian projects on ISS Russian Segment
Space experiment MATI-75 is dedicated to the 75th anniversary
of MATI – K.E.Tsiolkovsky Russian State Technological University and
150th anniversary of the founder of the theoretical space science
Konstantin Eduardovich Tsiolkovsky.
- To demonstrate the effect of shape and size recovery and stabilization when exposing to heating and cooling in zero gravity a plastic piece
precompressed on the ground.
- To give students and post-graduate students practical skills in
staging a space experiment and conducting ground studies of foamed polymer material structure obtained in the ground and space environments.
To demonstrate and record on video the process of recovery under heating
and stabilization under cooling of the shapes and dimensions of foamed
Science Hardware Used:
Flight Equipment Used:
- HDV Sony HVR-Z1 video camera.
- Obtained samples: blocks (cubes, cylinders) and promotional materials
(MATI-75 logo and K.E.Tsiolkovsky bas-relief);
- Video records of the plastic foam size and shape recovery process.