Educational & Humanitarian projects on ISS Russian Segment
Experiment BOP forms part of the scientific research program performed by Italian Astronaut Roberto Vittori (ESA) on the ISS in the frame of
ENEIDE ISM Project. The European Space Agency is a customer of the preparation and
implementation of the research program.
Investigate the molecular mechanisms regulating osteoblast physiology in microgravity.
Culturing of cells (osteoblast) on the ISS RS.
Used Science Hardware:
- Launch Container:
- Main Unit which houses a set of culture chambers. Human differentiated osteoblast cell line MG-63 is used in the experiment;
- Zip Lock bag with empty syringes;
- Zip Lock bag with syringes with medium;
- Zip Lock bag with syringes with PBS;
- Zip Lock bag with syringes with Lysing buffer;
- Zip Lock bag for waste;
- Bag with Adapter;
- Battery Pack;
- Memory Card;
- Video tape.
- BOP Return Container
- Aquarius-B Incubator to cultivate cells onboard the ISS RS.
- Camcorder DSR PD-150P;
- Camera Nikon D1X.
- Human osteoblast cells MG-63 cultivated on the ISS RS.
- Memory card and video tape with recorded experiment.