Technologies of space exploration
Development and manufacture of technological nanosatellite TNS-0 No. 2 with the subsequent launch by the ISS RS crewmembers during EVA session. Checking the capability of nanosatellite TNS-0 No. 2 control in the actual space flight.
- Control of TNS-0 No. 2 in the autonomous flight from a one-location MCC and establishing two-way communication with it via global satellite telecommunications system GLOBALSTAR in different modes: asynchronous, packet via the Internet network and also through a redundant channel via USW transceiver of the amateur band.
- Determination of the satellite position in orbit using satellite navigation equipment SNE TNS-0 No. 2.
- Determination of the satellite orientation using the readings of solar sensors, horizon sensor, magnetometer and temperature sensors.
Used Science Hardware:
- Flight model of science hardware TNS-0 No. 2 consisting of:
- Nanosatellite TNS-0 No. 2;
- Transport-Launch Complex TNS-0 No. 2.
Evaluation of capabilities:
- the use and effectiveness of new technology of controlling small-size spacecraft using global telecommunications system GLOBALSTAR;
- determination of the satellite position in orbit using satellite navigation equipment SNE-TNS-0 No. 2;
- determination of the satellite orientation using the readings of experimental solar sensors, horizon sensor, magnetometer and temperature sensors.
The experiment result is the fact of the launch of operational TNS-0 No. 2 from the ISS RS and also receipt by MCC (JSC Russian Space Systems) of target and service information from nanosatellite TNS-0 No. 2 in the course of its flight after separation from the ISS using global telecommunications system GLOBALSTAR/Internet and redundant USW communication channel.