Technologies of space exploration
- Updating meteoroid and technogenic environment model at altitudes of the Station flight in hazardous and unobserved by other aids particle size range (0.1-1.0 mm) in the interests of development of the flight equipment for monitoring meteoroid and technogenic hazards;
- development test of the equipment recording the particle impacts on the Station external surface to develop a system for online determination of coordinates of the Station pressure shell breakdown points.
- Installation of equipment, cable laying and connection;
- Hardware operation in automatic mode.
Science Hardware Used:
Science hardware OTKLIK consisting of:
- monitor unit (MU);
- operator console (OC);
- primary piezoelectric converters (sensors) with preamplifier (13 pcs);
- cable network.
Data on record rate of meteoroid particles and their parameters obtained at sufficiently long time intervals (several years) will be used for updating the environment models when calculating a risk of damage of separate ISS elements, as well as for accepting decisions on inspection of the Station external surface at points of the most strong impacts.
Information with impact parameters as files with digital arrays to be downlinked to the ground through БИТС2-12 channels.