Technologies of space exploration
A high - precision definition of the ISS orbital motion parameters using signals of the correct time system (GTS-2).
- Reception of a steady-state radio signal from GTS-2 hardware to the ground station installed in the territory of Stuttgart University, which shall be equipped with upgraded mathematical software to receive the information signal from the ISS RS, which allows to interprete the time difference for signal reception and emission from GTS-2 SH as the SC inclined range during emission.
- Experimental verification of the developed analytical and numerical algorithms for measurement processing of GTS-2 hardware.
- Experimental verification of the following procedure to be developed: a high-precision definition of the ISS orbit.
- Experimental verification of the achieved precision of the ISS orbit definition using GTS-2 hardware measurement processing during the signal reception to one ground station.
- Experimental definition of conditions for steady radio signal reception from GTS-2 hardware, Station configuration, angle of elevation above the local horizon, reception duration, etc.
Used science hardware:
- GTS-2 Electronic Unit;
- Antenna Unit with Attachment Mechanism;
- High-Frequency Cables (2 pcs.)
Used Flight Equipment:
Payloads Interface Control Unit.
Information signals from GTS-2 hardware, received by the ground stations in Germany (information signal of GTS-2 hardware include orbital data, correct time and signal emission frequency).