Technologies of space exploration
Development test of the equipment and demonstration of the Russian procedure of data reception - transmission via the space laser line.
- Mounting of the equipment of laser communication onboard terminal (LCOT) and LCOT-E external module included during extravehicular activity (EVA).
- Development test of the basic design and production process solutions on the ISS RS during the space flight, which are implemented in the advanced flight equipment.
- Development test of data reception - transmission procedure using the laser communication line.
Science Hardware Used:
- LCOT-E external module as an assembly;
- LCOT-I internal module;
- LCOT-E cable reel;
- Cable set.
Flight Equipment Used:
- Laptop A31P;
- Universal work station with its base, platform, fixed plate.
Definition of rational fields of using of the laser communication channel between SC with the capability to decrease the following: mass, energy consumption of the communication complex, increase the data rate relative to common options using radio waves.
The proposed structure can be used to establish the intersatellite communication lines at a distance of ~ 6000 km and the intersatellite lines for data relay via the satellites in geostationary orbit.
Information transmitted in real time with data on characteristics of the communication channel under different conditions to carry out a space experiment, as well as telemetry information (TMI) on the time of LCOT activation and operation.