Space biology and biotechnology
Characteristic of biological and molecular processes related to tissue regeneration.
- understand biological and molecular nature of the processes associated with the tissue restoration (tissue regeneration) in space flight;
- evaluate the therapeutic effect of some osteoinductive agents able to induce regeneration of bone tissue in space flight;
- determine which transcriptomic, genomic, proteomic, metabolomic and microbiomic aspects are critical to restoration of bone tissue. Sort and integrate the “omix” results for the enriched chains and ontologies by means of heuristic algorithms developed;
- use these methods to identify new biomarkers of bone tissue regeneration/loss.
Used science hardware:
- habitable compartment for rodents;
- animal transportation compartment;
- animal access unit (AAU);
- auxiliary sets;
- special experimental equipment;
- wetlab-2 (ARC);
- bone tensitometer Techshot;
- Wetlab equipment set;
- rodent tissue box (CASIS/Bioserve);
- auxiliary biomedical equipment MSG (LSAH).
The result of research is biological material (frozen biosamples).