Space biology and biotechnology
Development of simple and convenient, when implementing it onboard the spacecraft, technology to produce an active treatment-and-prophylactic probiotic product with immunomodulating propertirs.
- test of technology to produce seeds (freeze-shaped porous pills of probiotic Vitaflor containing two symbiotic strains of lactobacillus (Lactobacillus acidophilus);
- provision of a nutrient medioum to produce onboard the ISS RS the fermented milk product (freeze-dried drinking milk with its subsequent grinding to obtain a dry powder);
- development test of the grinding mode of the freeze-dried milk to obtain a powder allowing to produce a homogeneous clot of the fermented milk product;
- development of the optimum ratio of components of dry mixture (Vitaflor-P): a nutrient medium-seeds used to prepare the fermented milk product onboard the ISS;
- test of the experiment delivery and implementation conditions in space flight;
- study of probiotic properties of the samples of fermented milk produced onboard the ISS.
Used science hardware:
- Probiovit Hardware (Probiovit Kits No.No. 1-4);
- Termostat TBU-V ser. No. 04;
- Termostat TBU-V ser. No. 02;
- Glavboks-S Hardware.
To maintain the cosmonaut health it is necessary to have a tonic preparation onboard the spacecraft The need to develop the drug technology is dictated by the fact that in long-duration missions it is not possible to deliver this drug.
The subsequent utilization of this technology is possible when implementing long-team space flights (Earth, Moon).
The experiment result is biological material placed in the Mikrovit kit and also other materials such as photography and video imagery.