Space biology and biotechnology
Investigation of microgravity effect on the rate of transfer and mobilization of bacteria plasmids.
- Study of conjugation and mobilization process in space.
- Assessment of the effect of space flight factors on plasmid DNA transfer rate.
Science Hardware Used:
- Thermal container Biocont-T, including:
- Hybridizers Recomb-K
- Kit with tubes
- Thermally insulated refrigerator Kriogem-03M
Flight Equipment Used:
- Hybridizers Recomb-K with obtained hybrid microorganism strains
- Kit with tubes with the broth cultures of investigated microorganisms
- Temperature values recorded by a self-contained temperature data logger with a specified time interval.
Development of a model of gravity effect on conjugation processes and acquisition of new data on mobilization of extrachromosomal heredity factors.