Space biology and biotechnology
Investigation of cell cultivation of microorganisms, animals and human in microgravity conditions to obtain the concentrated biomass with a high content of cells providing the increased output of target bioactive substances (BAS).
Test of the closed-type autonomous reactor onboard the ISS.
Science Hardware Used :
- Hardware Bioemulsiya consisting of:
- thermostat-body with actuator control unit;
- removable bioreactor in the bag.
- Cooler-thermostat Cryogem-03M.
Flight Equipment Used:
- Bioreactor with biomass of microorganisms;
- Record sheet with data on the mixing timeline.
Development of new technology to produce biomass of microorganisms and BAS using the emulsion nutrient medium based on modified hydrocabons.
Microorganisms and BAS produced per the developed technology will have the increased resistance to freezing, drying and aerosoling - negative factors of biological preparations storage and use.
Technology of biomass production in the closed-type autonomous reactor will decrease the cost of biological preparations.