Expedition 49/50 (ISS-49/50)
KEY MISSION TASKS OF EXPEDITION ISS-49
(September 7 - October 30, 2016)
- Final unloading, loading waste of Progress MS-02 vehicle;
- Undocking of spacecraft Progress MS-02 from TC of SM;
- Docking of SC Cygnus OA-5 to Node1-Nadir using SSRMS;
- Launch of two ISS-49/50 Russian crewmembers and one NASA ISS-49/50 Expedition crewmember by spacecraft Soyuz MS-02;
- Docking of Soyuz MS-02 spacecraft to Mini Research Module Poisk (MRM2);
- Partial unloading of Progress MS-03 vehicle;
- Operational support for loading and undocking of Soyuz MS spacecraft from Mini Research Module Rassvet (MRM1) (return of three ISS-48/49 Expedition crewmembers);
- Support of the Space Station functionality;
- Performance of the science and application research program and experiments;
- Conduct of the onboard photos, video imagery of the ISS RS flight history and performing operations under the symbolic activity program.
The ISS-49 crew consists of 3 persons (September 7 - October 21, 2016), 6 persons (October 21 - October 30, 2016).
KEY MISSION TASKS OF EXPEDITION ISS-50
(October 30, 2016 – April 10, 2017)
- put into orbit onboard Soyuz MS-03 spacecraft one Russian crewmember and two NASA crewmembers of Expedition 50/51;
- dock Soyuz MS-03 with the Mini Research Module Rassvet (MRM1);
- load and undock spacecraft Cygnus OА-5 from Node2 Nadir port;
- docking of spacecraft HTV-6 with Node2 Nadir port and its unloading;
- loading and undocking of spacecraft HTV-6 from Node2-Nadir port;
- docking of spacecraft Dragon SpX-10 with Node2-Nadir port and its unloading;
- loading and undocking of spacecraft Progress MS-03 from DC1 Pirs;
- docking with DC1 Pirs and partial unloading of Progress MS-05;
- providing support for loading of Soyuz MS-02 and undocking it from Mini Research Module Poisk (MRM2) (return of three crew members of Expedition ISS-49/50);
- maintaining the space station in working condition;
- performing four EVAs from the US Orbital Segment;
- carrying out a program of scientific and applied research and experiments;
- performing onboard still and video photography to chronicle the ISS RS mission and activities under the program of symbolic activities.
Expedition ISS-50 has a crew of 3 (Oct 30 – Nov 21, 2016) and of 6 (Nov 21, 2016 – Apr 10, 2017).