June 23, 2011.
S.P. Korolev RSC Energia -
MCC-M, Korolev, Moscow Region
Upon a two-day free flight Russian cargo transport vehicle Progress M-11M docked to the International Space Station (ISS).
A contact of the docking port of Service Module Zvezda of the ISS Russian Segment (RS) occurred at 20:37:03 Moscow Time.
The vehicle rendezvous with the Station, its fly-around and stationkeeping were performed in the automatic mode.
The ISS Expedition 28 crew working onboard the Station controlled the rendezvous and docking processes. All dynamic operations were performed under the direction of the Technical Management (Technical Manager - President of RSC Energia, General Designer V.A. Lopota).
During the vehicle final operations for rendezvous and docking to the ISS MCC-M was attended by representatives of the State Commission: Secretary of State - Deputy Head of Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) V.A. Davydov, Head of Manned Programs Department of Roscosmos A.B. Krasnov; NASA, European and Japan Space Agencies specialists.
Based on the data of telemetry information and reports of the ISS crew the station and the vehicle onboard systems operate in the design modes.
- The vehicle delivered about 2.6 t of cargo to the station. Among them: the fuel, water, oxygen, food reserves; equipment for water supply and life support systems, sanitary-hygienic aids, medical equipment, materials to perform experiments Kristallizator, Relaxatsia, Biodegradatsia, Matroshoka; onboard documentation and parcels for the crew. In support of further operation of the mentioned modules the required equipment and structural elements were delivered to the ISS RS.
- The cargo mass for the USOS is 362 kg including the Japan Space Agency cargo.
- The flight control and the state monitoring of the vehicle and station systems in the rendezvous and docking phase were provided by Lead Operational Control Team (LOCT) consisting of specialists of RSC Energia, MCC-M and enterprises of the industry branch. The flight director is First Deputy General Designer of RSC Energia V.A. Soloviev.
- The ISS RS consists of: functional cargo block Zarya, modules Zvezda, Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet, manned vehicles Soyuz TMA-21 and Soyuz TMA-02M, cargo vehicles Progress M-10M and Progress M-11M.
- The ISS crew: Russian cosmonauts A. Borisenko, (the ISS-28 commander), A. Samokutiaev and S. Volkov; U.S astronauts: R. Garan and M. Fossum; astronaut of Japan Space Agency (JAXA) S. Furukawa.