May 18, 2011. S.P.Korolev RSC Energia,
Korolev, Moscow region
The General Designer Review Board devoted to the Russian Segment (RS) of the International Space Station (ISS) was held at OAO S.P. Korolev Rocket & Space Corporation Energia under the chairmanship of V.A. Lopota, the Corporation President and General Designer.
The following reports and messages were heard at the meeting:
- On prelaunch processing progress of transport manned vehicle (TMV) Soyuz TMA-02M and also Soyuz TMA-20 TMV preparation for flight completion;
- On the ISS mission results, flight program for the next period, ISS operational status, readiness of Lead Operational Control Team and flight support systems for implementation of the next ISS-28 Expedition program and completion of the ISS-26/27 Expedition flight;
- On Soyuz-FG launch vehicle (LV) operational readiness to launch Soyuz TMA-02M TMV;
- On launch site readiness to launch the rocket & space complex with Soyuz TMA-02M vehicle;
- On ISS USOS status and its readiness for the next flight phase;
- On readiness of the ground control loop and ground control infrastructure to support forthcoming operations with Soyuz TMA-20, Soyuz TMA-02M and ISS, as well as on readiness of MCC-M, ground measurement stations, television channel complex and communication means for forthcoming operations with vehicles and ISS;
- On readiness of search and rescue aids to perform operations in support of Soyuz TMA-20 landing and Soyuz TMA-02M launch;
- On readiness of the ISS-28 Expedition crew to implement the forthcoming work program on the ISS and the ISS-26/27 Expedition crew to descent;
- On health status of the ISS-26, ISS-27 and ISS-28 crews;
- On compliance of Soyuz TMA-02M TMV with technical specifications and standard documentation.
The following was presented to the General Designers Review Board: the supporting reports, reports and statements of General Designers, responsible representatives from the organizations and enterprises involved in the ISS program implementation.
Heard were also:
- statement on readiness of Soyuz TMA-02M vehicle and Soyuz-FG LV/Soyuz TMA-02M TMV rocket & space complex;
- general report on the rocket & space complex components and the ISS hardware for the next flight phase.
There are no obstacles to continue the ISS program activities.
The General Designers Review Board decided to approve the RSC Energia proposals:
- On the ISS-26/27 expedition crew return by Soyuz TMA-20 vehicle on May 24, 2011;
- On plan of forthcoming operations for Soyuz TMA-02M prelaunch processing on June 7, 2011;
- On the crew delivery for the next ISS-28/29 Expedition to the ISS; the crew will consist of three persons and the work program on the ISS RS for the next period;
- On the research and experiments program in the ISS-28 Expedition phase.
With regard to the actual status of the ISS RS the General Designers Review Board accepted a decision on the ISS RS permit to implement the work program for the next ISS-28 Expedition.
The General Designers Review Board was attended by managers and representatives of Roscosmos, foreign space agencies (NASA, ESA, JAXA), RSC Energia departments, organizations and enterprises representing the Russian rocket-space industry.