January 30, 2011.
S.P. Korolev RSC Energia - MCC-M, Korolev, Moscow region
Upon a two -day free flight Russian cargo transport vehicle Progress M-09M docked to the International Space Station (ISS).
A contact of the docking port of Module Pirs of the ISS Russian Segment (RS) occurred at 05:38:50 Moscow Time.
The vehicle rendezvous with the Station, its fly-around and stationkeeping were performed in the automatic mode.
The Expedition crew 26 (ISS-26) working onboard the station controlled the rendezvous and docking processes. The flight control of the vehicle and the station when performing all dynamic operations in the rendezvous and docking phase was provided under the direction of the Technical Management (Technical Manager - President of RSC Energia, General Designer V.A. Lopota).
During the vehicle final operations for rendezvous and docking to the ISS MCC-M was attended by representatives the State Commission (Chairman - Roscosmos Head A.N. Perminov), Roscosmos, NASA, allied enterprises and organizations of the industry branch, managers and specialists of the Corporation.
Based on the data of telemetry information and reports of the ISS crew the station and the vehicle onboard systems operate in the design modes.
- The vehicle delivered about 2,6 t of various cargoes to the station. Among them: the fuel, water, food reserves (including fresh food), oxygen; equipment for water supply and power supply systems, health aids, medical equipment, underwear, personal hygiene and weightlessness effect prevention aids; science hardware and equipment for the ISS RS system; onboard documentation, parcels for the crew, photo equipment set. Among the hardware for scientific investigations and experiments delivered onboard the ISS small spacecraft Kedr developed under the RadioSkaf program is of special importance.
- The cargo mass for the USOS is 371 kg.
- The flight control and the state monitoring of the vehicle and station systems in the rendezvous and docking phase were provided by Lead Operational Control Team (LOCT) consisting of specialists of RSC Energia, MCC-M and enterprises of the industry branch. The flight director is First Deputy General Designer of RSC Energia V.A. Soloviev.
- The ISS RS consists of: functional cargo unit Zarya, modules Zvezda, Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet, manned vehicles Soyuz TMA-20 and Soyuz TMA-M, cargo vehicles Progress M-07M and Progress M-09M.
- The ISS crew: Russian cosmonauts A. Kalery,
and D. Kodratiev;
U.S. astronauts S. Kelly
(the ISS-26 commander) and C. Coleman;
ESA astronaut P. Nespoli (Italy).