March 12, 2010. S.P.Korolev RSC Energia,
Korolev, Moscow region
The General Designers' Council meeting devoted to the International Space Station (ISS) Russian Segment (RS) was held at OAO S.P. Korolev Rocket-Space Corporation Energia under the chairmanship of V.A. Lopota, the President, General Designer of the Corporation.
The following reports and messages were heard at the meeting:
- on launch preparation status of transport manned space vehicle (TMV) Soyuz TMA-18; the ISS operational status and deorbiting preparation status of TMV Soyuz TMA-16;
- Launch vehicle (LV) Soyuz-FG operational readiness to launch TMV Soyuz TMA-18;
- Launch Complex readiness for launching the Rocket Space Complex with TMV Soyuz TMA-18;
- on the ISS mission results, the Mission Program for the next period, the ISS operational status; Lead Operational Control Team (LOCT) and flying aids in support of the next ISS-23 Expedition Program;
- on the flight tests program for Mini-Research Module No 1 (MRM1) and its operational status with respect to flight tests;
- the ISS USOS status and its readiness for the next flight phase under the ISS Program;
- on operational readiness to deliver MRM1 by Shuttle Orbiter to the ISS and dock it to Functional Cargo Block Zarya;
- on ground control loop and ground control infrastructure systems readiness to support the forthcoming operations with TMV Soyuz TMA-18 and the ISS;
- on search and rescue aids readiness to perform operations in support of the launch of TMV Soyuz TMA-18 and return to Earth of TMA Soyuz TMA-16;
- on ISS-23 Expedition crew readiness to implement the forthcoming works program on the ISS;
- on health status of ISS-22 and ISS-23 crews;
- on TMV Soyuz TMA-18 and MRM1 compliance with the Technical directions and standard procedure specifications.
Heard were the supporting reports, messages and conclusions of the General Designers, responsible representatives from the organizations and enterprises involved in the ISS Program implementation. Heard were also the conclusions on readiness of TMV Soyuz TMA-18 systems and structure; general report on the components of the Rocket-Space Complex LV Soyuz -FG/TMV Soyuz TMA-18 and all the ISS hardware for the next flight phase.
It was reported that there were no obstacles to continue activities under the ISS Program.
General Designers' Council decided to approve the Plan of the forthcoming works to complete prelaunch processing of TMV Soyuz TMA-18 proposed by RSC Energia after S.P. Korolev. Approved were also the plan of MRM1 flight tests preparation and implementation, the Corporation - initiated proposals under ISS-23 Expedition Program.
Roscosmos managers and representatives, officials from foreign space agencies (NASA, ESA), RSC Energia divisions, organizations and enterprises representing Russian rocket-space industry contributed to the General Designers' Council activities.
- RSC Energia after S.P. Korolev is the leading enterprise in Russia engaged in building and operational use of the ISS RS, its integration into the station and transport servicing/maintenance by using Soyuz, Progress space vehicles, as well as the development of the main Russian modules of the station (Zvezda, Pirs, Poisk, Rassvet, etc.) and their integration into the ISS RS.
- It is scheduled to launch TMV Soyuz TMA-18 on April 2, 2010 and deorbit TMV Soyuz TMA-16 on March 18, 2010.