Expedition 4 (ISS-4)
MAIN TASKS OF THE EXPEDITION
- Launch of ISS-4 crew on Space Shuttle mission UF1;
- Operational support for undocking of spacecraft Progress M1-7;
- Operational support for docking of spacecraft Progress M1-8;
- Operational support for docking/undocking of spacecraft Space Shuttle missions 8A, UF2;
- Unloading Progress M1-8 and Space Shuttle;
- Continuing work on the Space Station deployment and maintaining it in good working order;
- Extravehicular activites - performing two EVAs on the ISS RS from Docking Compartment DC1 Pirs and one EVA
from Quest airlock on the USOS;
- Carrying out a program of scientific and engineering research and experiments for Rosaviakosmos, Japanese space
agency NASDA and European Space Agency ESA, contract-based commercial activities, as well as humanitarian educational project.
- Carrying out work under Visiting Expedition ("taxi") 3 program;
- Handover to ISS-5 and return of ISS-4 crew to Earth on Space Shuttle mission UF2.