SCIENCE HARDWARE USED:
- Boards with materials specimens
- Sets of pouches to return the boards.
- Checkout of the efficiency of operation of gas-dynamic
protective devices accommodated on the Service module
and designed to protect the ISS surfaces against
contaminants produced by pulse activation of control
- Study of the effect of contaminants deposition
on the characteristics of materials specimens and
external coatings of the ISS elements (radiators,
solar array panels, etc.).
- Installation of boards with materials specimens
on the external surface of the Zvezda Service module
(SM) of the ISS RS in the periphery area of the
jet of the thrusters nozzles during extravehicular
- Passive exposure of the boards on the SM external
- Dismounting of the boards after long-duration
exposure during extravehicular activity and their
return to the ground for processing of the experiment
Assessment of the efficiency of gas-dynamic protective
devices and development of recommendations (if necessary)
on possible modifications thereof.