FLIGHT EQUIPMENT USED:
Micrometeor monitoring system consisting of
- Stationary capacitor sensors;
- Removable capacitor sensor;
- Electronics unit
to record impact effect of meteoroid and man-made
bodies on capacitor sensors.
Refinement of the model of spatial-time distribution
of meteoroid and man-made matter through permanent
monitoring of space environment in the ISS operation
- Permanent monitoring of meteoroid conditions
throughout the flight path
- Generation of statistical data on densities of
meteor and man-made particles in a size range from
10 to 100 µm affecting various elements of
the external surface of the Service Module (SM)
- Assessment of erodibility of SM external surface
- Obtaining of quantitative characteristics of affecting
meteoroid and man-made bodies (size, density, velocity)
during post-flight analysis.
Increase of space flight safety.