USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
“Bioecologia” Kit with four ”Bioecologia’
- Vial with an ampoule with lyophilized cultures
- Tube with biosample vials (4);
- Temperature data logger
- Thermoluminescent detector (5);
- Track detector
Study a correlation between the alteration of genetic
properties, productivity of recombinant strains in
microgravity, and exposure to heavy charged space
- Study a long-duration effect of space radiation
factors on cultures of recombinant strains producing
biologically active substances in spaceflight,
as well as their growth characteristics and plasmid
- Study and test a technique for selecting highly
productive strains from the cultures exposed
- Record and analyze heavy nuclear tracks and
total radiation dose.
- Determine a correlation between alterations
of genetic properties of the subject biological
objects with a different level of organization
(microorganisms, plant and animal cells) and
number of hits of heavy charged space particles.
“Bioecologia”case returned to the ground.
Experiment data collected in this experiment will make it possible to look into the action of molecular mechanisms leading to disordering in genetic cell apparatus caused by an increased level of ionizining radiation acting in a spaceflight along with the microgravity and other extreme environment conditions, that will find application in development of orbital space stations of a new generation, as well as during long-duration spaceflights.