SCIENTIFIC EQUIPMENT INVOLVED:
- Luch-2 equipment accommodating multipurpose crystallization
- Thermal insulating container Biokont-T
for transportation of the Luch-2 equipment
- Temperature-stable container "AQUA 01"
Production of crystals of interleukins-1α,
-1β and receptor antagonist of interleukin-1
under space flight conditions, which are suitable
for x-ray crystal analysis.
- Development of the procedure for interleukin crystallization
under orbital flight conditions.
- Production of interleukin crystals that are larger
in size and the structure of which is more ordered
as compared with the crystals grown on the ground.
- In-flight grown crystals in multipurpose crystallization
- Information of the temperature recorded in crystallization
unit accommodation area.
Peptides carrying the main protein properties with
no adverse effects produced can be synthesized.