SCIENCE HARDWARE USED:
FLIGHT EQUIPMENT USED:
- Pulse pouch
- PCMCIA card, Pulse data (as part of Pulse pouch)
Acquisition of new scientific information to extend
ideas about mechanisms of cardio-respiratory system
adaptation to long-duration space flights.
- Study of impact of long-duration space flight
factors on the functional state of cardiovascular
and respiratory systems of cosmonauts by using computer
modifications of electrocardiography, sphygmography
- Study of control processes for the cardiorespiratory
- Control of cardioresparatory homeostasis indices
(average pulse rate, cardiac output and stroke volume,
phase structure of the cardiac cycle, systole efficiency,
average respiration rate, volumetric and rate characteristics
of the expired air).
- Control of indices of the control system of the
- Improvement of the cosmonauts' medical supervision
system in a long-duration flight.
- Development of new criteria for prognostic assessment
of probable violations of cardiorespiratory homeostasis.