STANDARD EQUIPMENT USED:
- out of the aides protecting against effects of
- Stationary bicycle VB-3;
- out of the medical monitoring equipment:
- Sphygmomanometer "Tensoplus";
- Cardio-recorder 90205.
- Consumables pack for Cardio-recorder 90205;
- Saliva-A kit;
- An accessories kit:
- batteries for the dictaphone
- measuring tape
- RPE (coefficient) scale
- to study effects of zero-gravity on human cardiovascular
system. Recorded in the course of the experiment
is the heart rate of South African cosmonaut at
rest or under graduated physical exercise.
- to study human energy inputs in the course of
physical exercise in space flight environment by
analyzing water balance in the body.
- comparing the process of heart rate regulation
by cosmonaut's vegetative system at rest and during
physical exercise in space flight;
- reducing the negative effects of space flight
on the muscles;
- determining cosmonaut's power inputs over a 24-hour
period of measurements based on his individual heart
rate vs. energy input curve;
- determining daily fluctuations of cortisol content
in saliva as a function energy inputs.
Obtaining data under a specially designed cosmonaut
training program, including pre- and post-flight studies,
which allow to develop a new method for evaluating
energy inputs during various physical exercises and
to update the strategy for cosmonauts' physical training.