USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
- SVS research chamber, including
- removable pressurized container,
- power and control unit,
- cable set.
- Onboard equipment Telescience.
Investigation of mechanisms of forming high-porous
heat-resistant thermal insulating material structures
with a low thermal conductance for operating in space
vacuum in a temperature range between 0°K and
- Determination of burning and structure formation
mechanisms in SVS systems in microgravity conditions.
- Production of heat-resistant materials with a
unique structure of foams or granular frames, which
represente effective thermal insulating and structural
- Removable pressurized container SVS with the
- Video tapes Hi-8 with video information on SVS
reaction process recorded by using the videotape
recorder being part pf Telescience equipment.
Production of large-size and low-density items of
ceramic and ceramic-metal materials. These materials
can be used as structural materials for building space
platforms and using them on the ISS RS. SVS are promising
processes to conduct repair activities and produce
protection coatings in space.