USED SCIENCE HARDWARE:
Equipment and facilities for conduct of the experiment
contain the following:
- Ham packet radio system including:
- transceiver of USW;
- antenna-feeder device (4 pieces);
- power supply unit (2 pieces);
- control computer RSC 2.
- dedicated software monitoring generation of probing
pulses in onboard transceiver in radio beacon mode;
- ground receiving network of ham radio packet communication
to record probing pulses of onboard radio beacon;
- Center for Scientific Data Acquisition and Processing
(SDA&PC) based upon official Internet-server (TsNIIMASH)
for control of receiving network, as well as data acquisition
from its measurement points.
- Study of USH-radio signal transmit/receive conditions
in the mode of onboard radio beacon in the ISS RS using world-wide
ham radio network.
- Determining characteristics of radio Signals retransmitted
through onboard transceiver, their quality and spatial distribution.
- Assessment of disturbing actions, such as re-reflection,
shading caused by structural elements and value of the ISS
- Generation of onboard radio beacon probing pulses as
time marks to ground receiving network (including ham radio
receivers of USW) and transmission of the measurement
results throughout Internet network.
- Check of the concept of forced radio silence in the mode
of short-packet generation by radio communication Protocol AX25.
- Determining of ISS structural members effect on onboard
antenna directional pattern (DP) in flight conditions.
- Determining zones of DP radio shadowing zones by the station
structural members depending upon its spatial orientation.
- Assessment of ground receiving network non-uniform
sensitivity on accuracy in spatial-time measurements.
- Determining of ground receiving network radio visible
configurations depending upon an angle of elevation and
light-shadow situation along the flight course.
Files containing data on the recorded radio signals
(time, place, frequency-phase characteristics) transmitted
through Internet from each ground-based receiver within
measurement USW network at the address of the Center for
Scientific Data Acquisition and Processing.