January 28, 2008. S.P. Korolev RSC Energia, Korolev, Moscow Region
The regular training sessions were held at S.P. Korolev Rocket & Space Corporation Energia under the training program for the International Space Station (ISS) Expedition – 17 crew.
Cosmonauts Oleg Kononenko (S.P. Korolev RSC Energia) and Sergey Volkov (Yu.A. Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center) led by the Corporation specialists took lessons in the training class and space vehicles general assembly shop where studied the following issues:
- operation of the Progress cargo transport vehicle;
- content and methods of operation with the onboard universal switch;
- operation of the onboard simulators providing training onboard the Station in the Progress vehicle teleoperation control mode, redocking of the Soyuz TMA manned vehicle and its de-orbit;
- operation of the onboard video and photo equipment;
- methods of the Station Russian Segment windows inspection.