There is a museum at Rocket and Space Corporation Energia.
The museum has room for the display hall (1300 m2),
the Labour Glory hall and the Memorial room devoted to S.P.
Korolev (250 m2).
The display hall shows the history of developing the national
rocket and space technology: from the pioneer home-made
long-range ballistic missiles to the Energia launch vehicle
and the Sea Launch Rocket and Space Complex, from the pioneer
artificial earth satellites to all modifications of manned
and transport space vehicles.
Visitors may touch the descent module flown by the world's
first cosmonaut, Yuri Alexeyevich Gagarin, see with their
own eyes the Voskhod-2 multi-man spacecraft, from which
Alexei Arkhipovich Leonov pioneered in performing space
walk; full-scale mockup of the Soyuz-Apollo first international
orbital complex: full-scale mockup of the Salyut orbital
station and many other things.
The Labour Glory hall shows the enterprise history made
by those who contributed a lot to its growth and development:
the photographs, many of which are unique; documents, awards;
memorable souvenirs and so on.
The Memorial room devoted to S.P. Korolev reconstructs the
interior of the scientist and designer work study. Here
you can find his personal belongings, a lot of photographs
and documents which are today of significant historical
Attached to the Museum is the souvenir stand selling souvenirs with the RSC
Energia symbols and books of the Corporation: metal desk pennants to commemorate
space flights; the badges, the pennants made on fabric devoted
to international space flights and historic dates; the emblems-stickers
depicting space symbols.
CONDITIONS FOR VISITING THE MUSEUM
For RF citizens:
- Children must be above 14 years old;
- An admission fee is charged. The visit to the museum must be arranged in advance. Tours are conducted for groups of visitors of 20 to 60 persons.
If the group of visitors is smaller than 20 persons, the admission fee is charged as if the group were complete.
- Passport or birth certificate (for children) must be produced for visiting the museum.
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.;
- Friday and days before national holidays: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Making arrangements for a tour:
- in advance of visiting the museum, the date and time of the expected visit must be agreed with our staff by contact telephone: (495) 513-89-95;
- Fill out an application form and fax it to (495) 513-86-20;
- Call (495) 513-89-95 to make sure the application form has been received;
- Two days before the visit, finalize the time of the tour.